Can I bring my family to Tutwa?
The nature and layout of Tutwa does not lend itself to relaxing holidays with children under the age of 10. Our sister property, Dundi Lodge welcomes children – we will gladly assist you with details and to make a reservation.
Is the Northern Cape a malaria-free region?
Yes it is, and no specific precautionary measures are necessary. We do provide insect repellant for your comfort during your stay.
What clothing will I need on my safari to Tutwa?
We suggest light and comfortable clothing which can be worn in layers. Good walking shoes, a bathing costume, hat and sunglasses are a must. Tutwa provides sun protection cream in your suites; however we recommend bringing your own facial sun cream. In winter the nights can be really cold and you will need a jacket; blankets and ponchos are provided on game drives
Does Tutwa have the spectacular flowers seen elsewhere in the Northern Cape?
Although less prolific, what does bloom in the Green Kalahari when there are good spring rains, is highly unusual, unique and worth the trip.
What time is Check-in? And Check-out?
Check-in is from 14:00 and check-out by 11:00
How do I make payment, once I’ve booked?
- A deposit of 50% will secure your reservation.
- All reservations must be confirmed in writing
- Deposits made to guarantee reservations are non-refundable.
- Balance of accommodation account is payable 4 weeks prior to date of guest’s arrival.
- Refunds of deposits / pre-payments are at the discretion of management and are dependent on the ability to re-let the rooms.
- Payment from tour operators and travel agents should be made by internet transfer; if payment is made by credit/debit card a 2.5% surcharge will be added.
- Major credit cards are accepted. Visa / Master card / AMEX
If for some reason I am unable to travel, what is your CANCELLATION POLICY?
- Cancellations 30-15 days prior to travel 50% cancellation fee.-
- Cancellations 14 days prior to travel 100% cancellation fee.-
All cancellations must be in writing with an acknowledgment by us. No verbal cancellations will be accepted.
In the event of premature departure the full extent of stay as originally booked and confirmed will be charged.Refunds and waiver of cancellation policies are at the discretion of management and the ability to re-let the suites.Please note that a 15% admin fee will be charged on all cancellations